During the winter months, many people are coming to West Bend, WI to relax, some come to enjoy some winter fun, others are visiting friends or relatives. At Hidden Serenity Bed & Breakfast, we welcome all visitors that are looking for a place to stay for whatever reason.
In addition to the snowshoeing, skiing, and other winter fun activities, people like to come for the Winter Festival in Cedarburg. Where is Cedarburg, Wisconsin? One thing Cedarburg is known for is it’s annual festivals. It is a city in Ozaukee County Wisconsin; about 20 miles north of Milwaukee and close Lake Michigan. It’s been named on the National Register of Historic Places and has an incredible historic district full of interesting architecture and quaint shops.
To get to Cedarburg from Hidden Serenity B&B, it will take you about 25 minutes. It is a close drive through the country and completely worth it.
What is The Winter Festival? All throughout the year, Cedarburg hosts different festivals. In late February, they put on the annual Winter Festival to get us out there and enjoy some winter fun.
Here are some things you need to know about the 2016 Winter Festival:
Dates for the event- February 20-21
Events lineup for Saturday
- Restaurant Chili Contest- have a chance to vote for your favorite restaurant through this taste test.
- Individual Chili Cookoff- those that want to try their hand at cooking up a pot of chili can enter into the individual contest. The winners will be determined by our “Celebrity” judges.
- Live music from 1:30pm-4:30pm- go check out Joey LaVie
- Cool Brew and Tunes- those that are 21+ can enjoy a night of craft beers, wine and appetizers as well as live music.
Events Lineup for Sunday
- Pancake Breakfast
- 1st Annual Dodgeball Tournament- this part of the event is sponsored by the Dad’s Club of Thorson Elementary School.
- Old Fashion Brat Cook-Off- enjoy sampling many great brats cooked by the local restaurants.
- Live music from 12pm-3:00pm- Joey LaVie will be back to perform a second time.
Other Things Taking Place
- Dog Pull Competition
- Kid’s Egg Hunt
- Snow Bowling Tournament
- 4th Annual Cool Notes Musical Talent Competition
- Winter Festival’s Grand Parade
- Ice Carving Contest
- IceBurg Open Golf Tournament
Needless it to say, there is plenty going on at this year’s festival that you won’t want to miss. There are also many small shops that you can visit while you are walking around the festival. You are sure to find something unique in one of the 25 shops that are nestled in the surrounding area.
Book your weekend At our Bed & Breakfast. Here at Hidden Serenity, we take pride in providing a relaxing and luxurious atmosphere for all of our guests. With our cozy rooms and gourmet breakfast, you are sure to have an incredible time while taking part in some winter fun.
If you want to find out the availability of our rooms for the 2016 Winter Festival in Cedarburg click , If you have questions be sure to call us today at 262-623-0148. We would love to hear from you and get you set up! Don’t miss out of the fun!