4 Ways to Get the Most Out of Your Stay at a Bed and Breakfast
Whether you are a first timer or you have stayed at two a year for the past 30 years, you may ask yourself what is the best way to get the most out of your stay at a bed and breakfast. Of course this can look different for each person, but I’ve put together a little list of ideas that you may want to try the next time you stay at a fabulous B&B
- Find a spot – in your guestroom, on a porch, in front of a fireplace, or maybe a cozy spot in one of the common areas. Wherever it is, just chill. Get a book or magazine or just gander out the window and relax. At Hidden Serenity Bed and Breakfast our guests grab a cup of their favorite beverage and sit in the chairs by the large windows and watch wildlife. Or if weather is permitting they enjoy the deck out back or the porch swing in the front
- Exchange stories with the innkeepers.
- We find that our most satisfied guests are those that we have been able to get to know a little bit. Don’t worry, we do not want to use up your getaway time to chat endlessly with you, but a little chit-chat at check in and during breakfast can go a long way. Your stories are fascinating and unique and we’d love to hear them. Next time you visit please ask about the former hippies who met in the 70s. Great love story!
- Pick the innkeeper’s brain.
- Most of the innkeepers I know have lived in the area of their B&B for many years if not all their lives. Who better to ask about area activities, events and sites. Personally, we live in an area that has a lot available for our guests and we would love to share some of the hidden gems we’ve found through the years. And If we don’t know about something, we will find out for you!
- Take advantage of the amenities the B&B offers.
- Each inn is different and offers a variety of amenities to their guests. At Hidden Serenity Bed and Breakfast we have tried to give a guest plenty to chose from. Here’s some of what we offer right here at our inn- massages (individual or couples), hiking trail through our acres of woods, sport court (pickleball, basketball, tennis), billiard table, 24/7 Keurig machine, ice machine, microwave, large common area with great outdoor viewing. Our in-room amenities include a hidden TV, DVD player, Netflix, wine cooler, robes, mood lighting, comfortable chairs and more.
One quick story about making the best of your stay at a bed and breakfast – we had one couple who didn’t waste any time while staying here. They went biking and hiking in the morning on the nearby State Forest trails, kayaking in the afternoon on The Milwaukee River, used the two person jacuzzi in their room and then went out for dinner at a fabulous restaurant, the Poplar Inn, in West Bend. The next day they took a stroll on our hiking trail, came back for our gourmet breakfast, enjoyed their pre-scheduled couples massage by our licensed therapists and then relaxed and played some pool before they packed up and went home. Now that is a lot in one day, but they had a blast and enjoyed every minute of it.
So next time you head to a bed and breakfast, try a few of my suggestions. Some of them may be just what you are looking for and others might not be your thing. That is the beauty of bed and breakfasts, unique, personal and special.